The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Senior Network Engineer
Looking for a Network Engineer that will plan, design, implement, maintain, and support our growing hardware and software network infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Design, Implement and Maintain various devices and services such as Routers, L3/L2 Switches, NGFW, ACLs, IPS/IDS, S2SVPN, RAVPN, WLAN Infrastructure.
• Monitoring LAN/MAN/WAN Network performance.
• Ensure system availability and reliability by High Availability architecture, Full Redundancy and Automatic Procedures.
• Maintaining Network software (upgrades, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations).
• Monitor Network resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team to comply with HIPAA, NIST & HITRUST CSF.
• Work with users and other personnel for problem resolution.
Skills & Requirements
• 8+ years of Network Engineering experience in complex, WAN/MAN/LAN/VLAN data communications environments
• Must possess very strong experience and deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, UDP, HTTPS, IPsec, HSRP, EIGRP, 802.11, PAgP, LACP, QoS, OFOF)
• Must possess very strong experience and proficiency w/Cisco routing and switching
• Must possess strong experience and proficiency w/Nexus configuration and switching (will consider Cisco Catalyst as an alternative)
• Must possess strong understanding network telecommunications to include strong experience and proficiency w/trunking
• Must possess strong experience and proficiency w/wireless solutions (preferably Cisco Meraki but will also consider other comparable alternatives such as Aruba)
• Must possess sound understanding of network security protocols and best practices (currently leveraging Cisco FirePower but likely transitioning towards Palo Alto or Fortigate)
• Prior experience and proficiency w/ Load Balancing (preferably F5 but will consider alternative solutions such as NetScaler or HAProxy)
• Prior experience and proficiency w/ SD-WAN
• Prior experience and proficiency working within Azure cloud computing environment
• Network certifications highly preferred (e.g. CCNP)
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143059