The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer – BI in Irving, TX.
• Design, develop, enhance, code, tests, deliver and debug software independently.
• Take larger, more complex stories spanning multiple technology domains.
• Utilize in-depth knowledge to facilitate and lead story breakup and grooming.
• Provide development guidance and support to less experienced colleagues.
• Help drive architecture / design sessions at a feature level.
• Participate in architecture / design sessions at product level.
• Keep management informed of technical trends and / or emerging technology.
• Provide technical mentoring to less experienced employees in the immediate group.
• Meet training requirements and follows established procedures and proposes new
• Improve procedures and standards when the opportunity arises.
Skills & Requirements
• Relevant degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering preferred.
• 5 or more years’ experience developing software is required.
• Experience with collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of Business Intelligence (BI).
• Strong Business Intelligence developer with hands-on experience in following technologies: Power BI, Tableau, and Cognos.
• String hands-on Data Visualization skills.
• Experience with SQL, data modeling, transformation, data analysis, and visualization techniques.
• Experience with Java/C#/.NET preferred.
• Experience working with enterprise solution delivery in a large-scale distributed software design environment, preferably in XP programming.
• Experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous
• Integration, TDD, and Paired Programming.
• Experience with emerging cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS Web Services, or other PaaS technologies.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140543
Technology & Internet Services
102,000 - 152,000
Similar jobs to Senior Software Engineer - BI
Lead React Native Software Engineer
Lead React Native Software Engineer – Perm – Portland, Charlotte or Dallas (Hybrid) - $130,000-$150,000