The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Leading Company in Travel is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test in Atlanta, GA
- Design, develop, execute and maintain software to test the product/application
- Define automation strategy, automation cases as well as Design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner
- Participate in design and code inspections.
- Propose improvements to our existing processes and build automated tools, libraries and utilities in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
- The testing code you write should expose defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration perspective
- Work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services
- Own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them
- Integration of both the tests and infrastructure automation into the CI/CD pipeline is also a key responsibility in this position
Skills & Requirements
- Hands on experience in OOPs languages like Java, C# and scripting languages like Python, Perl,Shell, Bash etc.
- Experience with API and Microservices testing and automation
- Knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development(TDD),Behavior Driven Development(BDD) with a testing framework like Cucumber,JBehave • Hands on experience with one or more querying languages such SQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL and/or No SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB etc)
- Experience deploying applications in AWS or OpenShift (Kubernetes)
- Hands on experience in automating backend REST services including writing custom functions using tools such as Postman, REST Assured, Karate,Cypress, Ready API etc.
- Hands on experience of building test automation framework from ground up using modular framework and design pattern like Page Object Model design pattern (POM) etc.
- Experience of working in distributed agile teams using agile frameworks such as SCRUM , SAFe, XP etc.
- Hands on experience of working with continues integration tools such Jenkins, Circle CI.
- Able to independently create and maintain automation test jobs using tools such as Jenkins.
- Hands on experience working with source code management tools such as GitLab, GitHub, AWS Code Commit etc.
- Hands on experience of creating test reports from automation test run using tools such as cucumber report, Extent report etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new tools and evolving technologies.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Knowledge and experience with the Travel Industry • Infrastructure automation using docker and tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Experience of working with various AWS cloud services such as EC2, s3 bucket, AWS code pipeline, CloudFormation, etc. Hands on experience of virtualizing services for test automation using tools such as Wire Mock, Mockito etc.
- Experience of working with test management and agile management tools such as VersionOne, qTest etc.
- Experience of working with container orchestration tools such as docker, RED Hat OpenShift, AWS CloudFormation. Experience of non-functional testing such as performance, load, stress, security, accessibility and usability testing.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.