The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Research Associate in Princeton, NJ.
PAGA is a full-time internal strategy consulting group situated within the Business Insights and Analytics (BIA) organization. With the goal of enabling value-driven decisions, PAGA Analysts facilitate Development Teams in identifying compelling development strategies, and generate valuation analyses of possible development paths. PAGA Analysts derive insights into the tradeoffs among the options, and clearly communicate findings to their teams and to senior management.
A subgroup within PAGA, Pipeline Analytics (PIPAN) is responsible for onboarding, training, and capabilities development for the department as a whole. PIPAN consists of experienced analysts with technical expertise in tool development, data science, and decision analytics. As we see the importance of integrated analytics ever increasing, PIPAN is looking to expand its remit to encompass a new frontier: a data-driven software ecosystem to enable value-driven R&D decisions.
To meet this challenge, PIPAN seeks a generalist Software Engineer who is passionate about transforming patients' lives through analytics. The work products of this role will have both an immediate impact on the business, and the longer-term effect of helping to speed new treatment options to patients with unmet medical needs. The successful candidate will design, implement, and orchestrate entirely new tools and applications that leverage data and AI.
• A mission-driven self-starter who is comfortable working independently towards a clear goal, but with limited granular guidance on implementation.
• Rapid prototyping of solutions in partnership with a small group of experts.
• Collaborating with Data Scientists and Software Engineers across the corporation on larger scale projects.
• Collaborate across PIPAN and PAGA to investigate design approaches, determine build specifications, evaluate technical feasibility, and prototype new technology
• Implement best practices in building and deploying fit-for-purpose software solutions that empower PAGA analysts
• Engineer a software ecosystem that synergizes external and internal software tools
• Produce code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
• Design and implement AI-ready databases in-house
• Coordinate with IT to ensure solution quality, scalability, and integrability with enterprise systems
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science
• A minimum of one year of experience as a Software Engineer
• Strong CS fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, Systems Design, and Operating Systems)
• Proficient in Python, Java, and C/C++
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140493
Technology & Internet Services
Similar jobs to Software Engineer (PAGA)
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer – Contract – Princeton, NJ. - $54.00-$64.79/hr