Sr Full Stack Developer (NodeJS/JS, Jest) – Contract – New York, NY. - $70.00-$85.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Sr Full Stack Developer (NodeJS/JS, Jest) in New York, NY.
• Develop and implement solutions, based on a set of standards, patterns and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Developing full stack AWS Cloud solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
• Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
• Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
• Actively review their own and the team’s work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the team’s efficiency, speed, and quality
• The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
Skills & Requirements
• Strong problem solving and analytic skill Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to work independently and in Agile teams. Scrum Team Member attitude – willingness to support the Team to be successful in any area necessary
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
• 5-7 years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with full stack development.
• 2+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI
• 2+ years hands-on building infrastructure as code using AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit) and CloudFormation
• Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, VPC
• Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket
• Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
• Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
• Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
• Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like DataDog, SumoLogic, NewRelic, and Nagios
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
• Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
• Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, Cucumber) are a plus
• Experience with Agile Scrum practice a plus
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142491
Technology & Internet Services
70.00 - 85.00
Similar jobs to Sr Full Stack Developer (NodeJS/JS, Jest)
Lead Java Developer
Lead Java Developer – Contract – Hybrid / White Plains, NY. - $80.00-$85.00/hr
White Plains80.00 - 85.00
Sr Data Management Specialist
Senior Data Management Specialist Opportunity with Global Wealth Services Firm
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer – Contract – Princeton, NJ. - $54.00-$64.79/hr