The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Entertainment Company is seeking a Sr. Android/Kotlin Developer in Seattle, WA / Orlando, FL/ Hybrid .
The Profile team is looking for a Sr. Android with 5 years’ experience working within traffic intensive websites. This Developer will apply practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity.
• Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications.
• Drives development of components through own and subordinate engineers' work.
• Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
• Executes assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
• Develops specifications for assigned components, projects, or fixes.
• Reviews or writes code.
• Leads programming, testing, and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
• Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
• Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
• Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
• Designs, develops, manages, creates, and maintains technical components and templates.
• Able to code against front-end technology stack and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
• Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
• Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies
• Designs and develops specifications for assigned projects
• Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
• Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for development projects.
• Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each
• Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
• Leads team members in problem analysis and issue resolution.
• Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
• 5-8 years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
• Understanding of dependency injection.
• Experience using the Kotlin language.
• Understands MVVM app UI architecture.
• Understands modern OO practices / design patterns.
• Thorough understanding of Android UI (Especially RecyclerView / Delegate Adapter Pattern for handling different View Types)."
• Familiarity with authorization protocols (Oauth, JWT).
• Worked on at least one large Android software project
• Delivered products across multiple releases
• Experience with CICD solutions in Android such as Jenkins, AppCenter, etc.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143118