The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Sr. Associate Scientist in Princeton, NJ.
We seek an enthusiastic research scientist to help design new cancer therapies by applying current sequencing analysis pipelines and exploratory data analysis procedures to internal and public datasets. The successful applicant will be expected to build reproducible and well-documented short- and long-read sequence analysis pipelines within a company pipeline platform. The candidate will work with their supervisor to identify pipelines relevant to particular experimental datasets, including developing novel analysis procedures and visualizations. The candidate will also apply exploratory data analysis approaches to various ‘omics datasets for projects in preclinical development.
The candidate will collaborate closely with scientists focused on the early pipeline within the Immuno-Oncology and Cell Therapy Thematic Research Center (IOCT-TRC) based in Seattle. This research position will be located in a group of computational biologists, machine learning researchers and data engineers who interact on a daily basis with other scientists in the IOCT-TRC, as well as colleagues across Research and Early Development. Supervision and mentorship will be provided by the primary supervisor as well as by other senior scientists in the group.
This position would suit a person who is a quick learner and able to persevere through technical hurdles. If you enjoy identifying new technical solutions that improve speed and functionality for frequent tasks, this may be a good position for you. Candidates who are motivated by advancing cancer therapies will find a group of similarly-motivated colleagues.
· Execute bioinformatics pipelines for sequencing and imaging data using cloud-based platforms; monitor completion and results data transfer. Troubleshoot any job failures.
· Construct and validate new bioinformatics pipelines as needed to analyze NGS or imaging data from preclinical experiments. Build standard reports that summarize results of the experiment. Create documentation for pipelines and reports.
· Generate analysis reports of internal and external expression, imaging, genetics, epigenetics and other molecular assay datasets from patients and/or preclinical studies, using in-house standard procedures.
· Use reproducible research techniques in coding and report generation, including versioning of code and results.
· Perform literature searches to identify relevant public datasets for internal curation.
· Under direction of team lead, implement and test bioinformatics methods from the public domain pertinent to in-house projects.
· Collaborate with colleagues across teams including Discovery, Preclinical, and Translational to impact decision-making around milestones for new product development.
Skills & Requirements
· A master’s degree in bioinformatics or a closely-related field. 2+ years of post-degree work experience preferred.
· Experience building bioinformatics pipelines on cloud platforms, using workflow systems, container technologies, and APIs.
· Competent using git and Github.
· Fluency in R or Python.
· Experience with exploratory data analysis and visualizations of biological research data.
· Competent communicator in English.
· Eagerness to learn new pipeline methods and platform systems.
· Careful attention to detail.
· Publication record demonstrating contributions to biological data processing and/or analysis.
· Experience analyzing biomedical data in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting.
· Experience with sequencing data pipelines for short- and long-read data.
· Experience processing or analyzing pathology imaging data.
· Competent with Amazon Web Services’ cloud API.
· Familiarity with open-source bioinformatics tools, databases, and data structures.
· Unix/Linux competence including the ability to manipulate data files and execute programs from the command line or shell script.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141707