S. Data Scientist – Perm – Atlanta, GA - $140,000-$145,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a S. Data Scientist in Atlanta, GA.
The Senior, Data Scientist will join a best-in-class data science CoE team in a fast-changing retail environment. The Senior, Data Scientist will design, develop and implement advanced data science models and machine learning solutions and applications for priority business use cases across enterprise, such as online experience, marketing, merchandising, supply chain, finance, and store operations. The Senior, Data Scientist will apply cutting edge data science techniques to large amounts of data to drive actionable insights, and develop intelligent and scalable AI solutions. This role will report to Sr. Director, Enterprise Data Science.
• Execute best-in-class advanced analytics with scalable and reusable codebase and models that solve business problems
• Coordinate closely with Lead & Principal Data Scientists to generate and test hypotheses that align with priority use cases
• Comply with analytics standards, including guidelines for tailoring analytics methodologies to specific use case needs (e.g., ML, AI, descriptive analytics)
• Define batch or real-time streaming data needs, evaluate data quality, and extract/manipulate data in a "Big Data" environment
• Define internal and external data needs, quality measures and suitability for use
• Support the building of predictive models to identify opportunities to provide further support to
• Business Units
Skills & Requirements
• Graduate Degree
• PhD Graduate with little to no work experience, or Master’s degree with 2-5 years of work experience in the role’s relevant technologies and field of expertise
• Data scientist fluent in complex algorithms and analytics methodologies across multiple platforms and languages, including Google Cloud Platform
• Analytics expert with experience collaborating with business functions to deliver solutions that support decision making
• Understanding of core analytical and statistical methods, including regression, segmentation/clustering, predictive modeling, time-series analysis and machine learning techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents
• Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
• Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
• Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
What you'll get in return
• Be a part of the beginning of their journey to become a true digital retail space!!
• You will be able to see your work and contribution directly on a major retail company’s site and apps
• Excellent Work / Life Balance
• Annual Bonus and annual reviews
• ROOM FOR GROWTH
• FUN / COLLABORATIVE ENIVRONMENT
• Strong focus to truly recognize great work. i.e: Promotions; on the spot bonus; etc.
• Large retail company is moving to becoming a true tech-centric company. Working with the latest and greatest.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142120