The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Sr. Java Engineer in Durham, NC.
As a senior development engineer, you are responsible for building next-generation industrial IoT solutions for some of the largest companies in the world. We help our Fortune 1000 clients revolutionize their operations and supply chains, creating more value through connected products and enterprise data integrations, including advanced analytics and AI. You are a systems thinker and solver of complex challenges, always seeking new ways to achieve better results for your team and your customers through your leadership abilities and technical strengths.
• Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems spanning edge and cloud
• Provide mentorship including constructive code reviews and design guidance fostering growth of junior team members
• Drive the company platform and common microservices forward
Skills & Requirements
• Demonstrable track record of delivering complex distributed system projects using AWS and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services
• Excellent knowledge of enterprise system architecture patterns including data modeling, database design, performance monitoring, tuning, and unit testing
• Experience with common Java technologies and frameworks
• Experience with mobile and web technology stacks
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
• Experience as a Software Engineer
• Knowledge of Agile Methodology and CI/CD process
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Must be an excellent team player and be able to prioritize concurrent deadlines
• Willing to be flexible and quickly adapt to project needs
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142633