The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Sr. Pen Tester in Plano, TX.
Senior Adversarial Engineers are experienced penetration testers with years of experience in testing various technologies. In this role a Senior Adversarial Engineer will be responsible for organizing and leading various offensive security services offered by Company. They must also be able to train and mentor others in both formal and informal environments. They must also be able to continually provide research or development projects back to the security community at large to aid in the overall brand of Company.
• The Senior Adversarial Engineer’s work can be divided into Project Management and Delivery, Training and Product Development, Cyber Security Research, Mentoring, and Offensive Security Development.
Cyber Security Research:
• Research and study security vulnerabilities from a multitude of products
• Research and develop practical tools to protect native systems, including both host and network side defense
• Collaborate with the security community in improving both offensive and defensive security methods and tools
• Research and stay knowledgeable on paper/blog write-ups to share information with the community
• Publish white papers
• Mentor junior team members on technical/function aspects of offensive security operations
• Technical mentoring includes penetration testing methodologies, vulnerability discovery, and scripting languages
• Understand project lifecycle and transferring knowledge to junior resources
Offensive Security Development:
• Develop tools to aid TeamARES, and the community in conducting offensive security services
• Use creative approaches to identify vulnerabilities that are commonly missed in security assessments
• Exploit vulnerabilities and identify specific, meaningful risks to clients based on industry and business focus
Performing complex wireless attacks against wireless clients and access points
• Use social engineering techniques to obtain sensitive information, network access and physical access to client sites
• Ability to identify, describe and report vulnerabilities and standard remediation activities, to include clear demonstration of risk to clients through post-exploitation activities required
• Show familiarity with various network architectures, network services, system types, network devices, development platforms and software suites required (e.g. Linux, Windows, Cisco, Oracle, Active Directory, JBoss, .NET.)
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ Years performing penetration testing
• 1+ Year mentoring technical mentees or providing training around offensive security services
• Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
• Experience communicating and presenting to business executives
• Fluent knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Python)
• Experience performing Security Assessment work (vulnerability, penetration tests, web application, wireless security and social engineering)
• Experience with commercial and open-source security tools required (e.g. Nessus, Nexpose, SAINT, Qualys, Burp, NMap, Kali, Metasploit, Meterpreter, Wireshark, Kismet, Aircrack-ng, etc.)
• Strong technical knowledge of web applications and networking
• Excellent ability to define problems, formulate solutions, effectively collaborate and communicate, plan and execute
• Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive assessment reports
• Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives required
• Passion for creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient
The following qualifications are not required but highly desired:
• Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science or related engineering field
• Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
• Provided training or presentations at DefCon or BlackHat security conferences
• Vulnerability Research experience as well as experience reporting and publishing information around discovered vulnerabilities
• Reverse engineering/Binary analysis experience (firmware, x86 applications.)
• Recognition in the security community for speaking
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143073