Sr. QA Specialist – Contract - Santa Monica, CA – $44.00-$46.00/ Hr.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Biotechnology Company is seeking a Sr. QA Specialist in Santa Monica, CA.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Quality Assurance Specialist III. Reporting to the Sr Manager of Global Quality Assurance for Raw Materials and Reagents Center of Excellence, you will assist with managing the activities of the Quality Assurance department and supervise quality assurance efforts to ensure conformance to quality standards and government regulations. The Quality Assurance Specialist III will ensure compliance with the quality system's procedures and identify and assess regulatory and quality risks in activities and processes according to regulatory agency guidelines and Kite quality practices and be accountable for managing the QA projects and timelines. This role is accountable for Quality Assurance responsibilities related to the disposition of raw materials globally
· Work closely with and provide quality oversight across functions (across network site QA, Global RM and Regents QC and Tech Excellence, Supply Chain, SQM, Process Development, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing) within the company and externally to assure compliance and strong relationships
· Support strong partnership with network wide site QA groups to ensure global RM and Regents QA operations are continuously improved
· Perform a wide variety of activities to ensure compliance with applicable quality objectives and regulatory requirements
· RM documentation review and ensure resolution of issues to release raw materials
· Review and approval of raw material OOS, Deviations and CAPAs
· Disposition of raw materials lot
· Review and approval of Change Controls and ensure proper maintenance and approval of cGMP documents. Ensure change controls are initiated, evaluated and implemented appropriately for all regulated changes.
· Support quality walk through of QC lab
· Support regulatory inspections, internal audits, and external audits from partners
· Acts as an Analytical QA subject matter expert in support of regulatory inspections and internal audits.
· May conduct or serve as a lead/coordinator of investigations and corrective/preventative actions
· Review and approval of technical (analytical) and validation protocols and reports as appropriate.
· Reviews and approves analytical validation efforts from phase 1 through commercial and experienced in method validation and method transfer guidelines per ICH and USP.
· Serves as QA project lead, leads complex quality investigations/deviations, and independently authors or approves concise quality investigation reports with appropriate corrective action and preventive actions (CAPA).
· Participate in Material Review Board meetings to ensure non-conforming material is appropriately dispositioned.
· Support Quality Management Review activities and oversee trending of key quality, raw material and GMP metrics
· Provide QA consultations to support QC on the floor process.
· Up to 10% domestic travel
· Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
· 5+ years of experience in a GMP environment with BS degree in the biological sciences or related field
· 3+ years of experience in a GMP environment with MS degree in the biological sciences or related field
· In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply GMP in conformance to US, EU and ROW standards
· Proficient in cGMP regulations, quality systems and regulatory requirements.
· Experience writing, evaluating and closing investigations, CAPAs and change control records.
· Experience with conducting and managing internal and external audits. · In-depth understanding and application of qualification and validation principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
· Ability to effectively negotiate and build collaboration amongst individuals.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
· Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to a growing environment
· Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate organizational, prioritization, and time management proficiencies
· Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
· Possess critical thinking skills when making sound quality decisions based on risk management and available data.
· Ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice and apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) on a daily basis.
· Advanced technical writing and excel skills are highly desired for creating and presenting reports.
· Ability to work independently and effectively coach peers in a high-paced environment with tight timelines, while maintaining accuracy and quality.
· Ability to effectively generate metrics, and present; data, findings, and improvement initiatives/projects to QA and cross-functional leadership.
· A relevant background in Quality Control or Analytical Development with a role as a supervisor or manager is highly desired.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142750
Technology & Internet Services
Similar jobs to Sr. QA Specialist
Quality Control Specialist
Quality Control Specialist – Contract – Foster City, CA - $30.00-$33.00/hr
Director Clinical Operations
Remote Director Clinical Operations– Perm - $250,000 - $275,000