The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Sr. Release Mgmt. Engineer
Reviews Lower (non-Production) environments and associated activities to ensure compliance with Enterprise standards and the ISD Environments Management Directive, preventing, or at least documenting and/or remediating any known gaps. Additionally, ensure adequate preparation for implementation of IT Service modifications in the Production environments, in a manner that protects and enhances operational availability. This includes learning company Release controls, while operating as a Release Manager, which entails assisting Release Owners manage their lower environments’ work and providing oversight review and approval of their activities, leveraging the candidate’s industry experience and knowledge.
Skills & Requirements
• Has 7+ Years of experience working in IT Environments Management for large, complex and mission-critical applications
• Has significant understanding of software build and release processes, including associated risks and considerations
• Has significant experience working within a team, and independently, performing root cause analysis
• Works independently with minimal oversight (Mid-Level to Highly Experienced)
• Possesses a degree or formal training in Computer Science and/or Information Technology
• Holds certification in appropriate engineering disciplines
• Demonstrates effective English communications skills, both written and verbal
• Has significant experience working with SharePoint and ServiceNow ITSM
• Demonstrates understanding, and the purposes and uses, of Lower / non-Production environments in an enterprise environment,
• Strong understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Experience or strong understanding of cloud management, preferably Azure
• Has significant experience with distributed systems architectures, possessing understanding of associated management tools
• Experience in the development of medium to highly complexed distributed business applications
Desired Experience With:
• Finance Industry
• ITIL concepts, especially Service Transition, and/or certification in ITIL
• DevOps and/or Agile concepts and/or certification in DevOps
• Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Experience
• Testing, and related automation
• Experience with ServiceNow as a power user and/or developer and/or administrator
• Cloud computing, with specific understanding of: Azure and/or Amazon Web Services
• Security concepts: access control and authorization
• Distributed (AIX, Linux, UNIX and Windows): WebSphere, .Net, Lotus Notes, Java, SOA and IBM BAW (BPA/BPM);
• IBM Mainframe (z Series) configuration items including data, applications and infrastructure: COBOL, CICS, Assembler, REXX, JCL, FileAid, AbendAid, Strobe and SysView;
• Working experiences with FIS Data Obfuscation (DO) Tool and/or IBM OPTIM
• Reporting: Crystal Reports and Cognos
• DBMS: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Progress and Teradata
• Testing (Unit, Functional, Performance and Stress/Load), including Automation / Scripting
• Automation/scripting: PERL, Python, WSS, BAW (BPA/BPM), Pega, etc.
• Collecting and delivering detailed information, with analysis/interpretation, to personnel of varying levels, from engineer through management
• Supporting multi-tier applications
• Application development
• COTS support
• WebSphere Engineering and Administration responsibilities
• Administrating middleware application servers (WebSphere, MQ, IBM BPM, JBoss, .Net).
• Distributed platforms (Windows, Linux, AIX, Connex)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142428