The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Entertainment Company is seeking a Sr. Technical Project Manager in Orlando, FL / Hybrid.
The Sr. Technical Project Manager will identify and plan a set of projects to manage their interdependencies to support specific business strategies across Data Products & Platforms (DPP). You will apply project management principles, practices, and techniques to lead and control project schedule, scope, quality, cost, and performance risks independently, for multiple complex technology projects. The Sr. Technical Project Manager will coordinate the activities of the project team by becoming familiar with project scope and goals, and the role and function of each team member. The Sr. Technical Project Manager will work with cross-discipline technology teams and partners to understand technical and business direction, milestones, and budget, and provide expertise to project management team.
• Coordinate RFP/RFI process with Sourcing partners for vendor/product selection
• Manage project planning during discovery phases
• Manage execution of project
• Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project goals
• Ensure completion of tasks, maintaining project schedule and target dates
• Lead high-priority matrix projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsors and teams
• Conduct project meetings at leadership and executive director levels
• Develop a project change control process to ensure project team operates within the scope of change approval process
• Provide input and feedback to team members
• Evaluate the risks associated with project activities and take appropriate action to reduce the risks
• Review available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated; reevaluate current resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and review deliverables
• Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer goals
• Prepare and complete project communication
• Communicate with partners to gain support for projects
• Partner with managers to ensure efficient project delivery
• Conduct regular status meetings with all partners, keeping the partner's requirements in view
• Collaborate with development staff and support staff to maintain knowledge of capabilities, and to ensure precise communications between project teams and partners
• Create presentations and report to executive leadership and partners
• Present program status and issues to leadership through formal presentations
• communicate program status and risks to management
• Manage project budget
Skills & Requirements
• Verbal Communications and operate at executive level (know when to talk, read a room, etc)
• Direct and able to get to the information and details quickly
• Smartsheets, jira, confluence and github
• Several Epics and stories
• Working with Scrum Masters (and Agile coach that will be brought on)
• 4+ years of Program/Project management experience leading high-profile projects, and are viewed as the "go-to" individual
• Technical project team experience working with technology, business, and vendor teams
• Knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban and Waterfall
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub.
• Experience with financial/budget management and complex cost-benefit analysis
• Technical project management experience in data products & platforms
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Agile Certifications (CSM; ACP; CSPO; SAFe; LeSS)
• Experience with portfolio management tools like Clarity
• Experience with collaboration tools like SharePoint, Smartsheets.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142712