The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Systems Analyst in Washington
• Seeking a System Analyst to support a clinical trial data integration and analysis platform.
• This position involves developing Python and SQL based data integration pipelines with other corporate systems, developing visualizations and reports in SQL, Python, R and Spotfire.
• Work includes developing complex analyses, creating functional documentation, developing test plans, evaluating, and integrating AWS based services and working closely other scientists and staff across various functions.
Skills & Requirements
• Scripting languages: Python and SQL proficiency is required and familiarity with R and RStudio is desired.
• Visualization Tools: Experience with visualization tools like Spotfire (ideal), Tableau or alternatively, report development utilizing script/programming language toolkits.
• ETL Tools: Familiarity with ETL tools like Apache Airflow, SSIS, Dell Boomie or similar products.
• Environment: Working experience or knowledge in healthcare/cancer research IT field, ideally working with clinical data and scientific software platforms like LabKey Server. Must be comfortable with multi-platform development, familiar with standard AWS services like EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudWatch, S3, etc. and must have a good working knowledge of SDLC processes using toolsets such as Atlassian, GitHub source control, CI approaches, etc. Candidate must be a trusted player on the team with the goal of playing a part in the larger company goal of curing cancer and needs to be able to shift priorities and work in a dynamic environment. Candidate will be expected to work with scientists to understand their analysis requirements and build analysis ready data sets in the latest technology environments.
• Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with 5 years of industry experience or a Master’s degree with 3 years of industry experience. A degree in the biological or physical sciences is preferred.
• Daily Activities:
o Developing custom ETL jobs in Python;
o Creating custom reports in LabKey server using a combination of query development in SQL and R, with customizations defined in XML and JSON;
o Writing SQL queries for ETL jobs and reports;
o Leveraging AWS services for ETL services and platform infrastructure;
o Collaborating with other scientists to understand reporting needs and collaborating with IT to support infrastructure;
o Developing Spotfire dashboards
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.