Tech Manager; Engineering – Perm – Johns Creek, GA - $170,000-$173,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Tech Manager; Engineering in Johns Creek, GA.
The Software Engineering Manager reports to the Director, Engineering and will play a key role in leading the team’s technical direction and integration with enterprise solutions. The Software Engineering Manager will form effective partnerships across Technology.
The Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department’s management, project teams, Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of technical solutions; Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership make the right and balanced technical decisions that deliver key enabling features to support the business.
Software Engineering Manager will evangelize use of modern software development practices, with emphasis on automation and Reliability Engineering. Build and lead high performing software engineering teams to deliver and support omni channel applications and services at speed and scale; Drive innovation in both technology and process; Inspires the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
• Architect and build scalable software solutions.
• Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
• Work with other technical teams to ensure technical strategies, architecture guidelines and standard are realized by efficient collaboration with architecture, development, DevOps and other teams.
• Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas working closely with cross functional teams.
• Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum-teams using agile development and DevOps best practices.
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
• Master's Degree in related field preferred
• 8+ years of direct experience
• Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to
• Java and related technologies and frameworks including Spring framework.
• Front End technologies like ReactJS / Angular.
• Modern System Architecture Patterns.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code – Terraform etc.
• Experience working with cloud service providers (preferably GCP).
• Experience working with modern SQL / noSQL Databases.
• Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
• Preferred – Experience implementing a 3rd party packaged software solution – E.g. MDM, ERP, WMS etc.
• Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
• Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
• Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
What you'll get in return
• Be a part of the beginning of their journey to become a true digital retail space!!
• You will be able to see your work and contribution directly on a major retail company’s site and apps
• Excellent Work / Life Balance
• Annual Bonus and annual reviews
• ROOM FOR GROWTH
• FUN / COLLABORATIVE ENIVRONMENT
• Strong focus to truly recognize great work. i.e: Promotions; on the spot bonus; etc.
• Large retail company is moving to becoming a true tech-centric company. Working with the latest and greatest.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140210
Technology & Internet Services
Similar jobs to Tech Manager; Engineering
Tech Manager (FullStack)
Tech Manager (FullStack) – Perm – Atlanta, GA - $170,000-$180,000
NIT Engineering Project Manager II
NIT Engineering Project Manager II – Contract – Atlanta, GA – $35.00-$45.00/hr
Lead Monitoring Engineer
Lead Monitoring Engineer – Perm – Johns Creek, GA/Hybrid - $130,000-$145,000
Johns Creek, GA/Hybrid$130,000-$145,000
Senior Technical Product Manager
Senior Technical Product Manager – Perm – Johns Creek, GA - $130,000-$135,000
Lead Product Software Engineer
Lead Product Software Engineer – Perm – Kennesaw, GA - $130,000-$175,000