The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Financial Services Company is seeking a UX Researcher in Hybrid / Charlotte, NC.
The UX researcher in this role will work on ATM-related projects, such as uncovering user needs for new ATM features and evaluating ATM interfaces. A typical workday will involve working closely with product owners and designers to understand problem spaces and leading research studies to answer impactful design questions. Ultimately, the researcher in this role is responsible for influencing the design direction in a way that delivers value to clients and the business.
• Essential Function: Independently lead UX research which guides the future direction of ATM feature sets and helps refine designs for ATM interfaces
• Identify, define, and prioritize user research opportunities through collaboration with stakeholders and other researchers.
• Plan and conduct scientific user research studies with appropriate methods, including interviews, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, co-design methods, surveys, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, and others.
• Analyze research data with appropriate techniques, including qualitative theme analyses, quantitative statistical analyses, and others.
• Summarize research findings and action items for stakeholders with appropriate consideration for limitations in the research methods, design constraints, implications to clients and the business, and other factors.
Skills & Requirements
• BS with 6 years or MS degree with 3 years' experience in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, other related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the role of an experience design researcher
• Strong knowledge of research techniques and the understanding of when to use what technique to ensure validity of data collected when conducting research with human participants. Extensive knowledge of experimental design to ensure bias is not introduced in the conducting of user research.
• Track record of conducting research complex projects and delivering transformative insights. Experience representing and evangelizing user research to business partners.
• Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
• Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required, masters preferred
Plus’s /Bonus Skills:
• Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in User Experience (UX), Psychology, Human Factors, Sociology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field involving experimental research.
• Experience with generative/discovery research methods, such as contextual inquiry, diary studies, or others.
• Experience with early concept evaluation research methods, such as concept testing, co-design, or others.
• Experience working in banking or financial services industries.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142768