The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a IT Support Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for coordinating and supporting the use of computer and information technology systems. This position is expected to troubleshoot, research, and resolve various information technology issues. The IT Support Specialist will also participate in the configuration, planning, installations, and administration of IT solutions as well as monitoring and maintaining security compliance of various systems and applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Establishes and maintains strong relationships with end users, leadership, and external relationships to make sure technology support goals are met. Acts as a direct point of contact for all end users to receive support and maintenance for systems and applications.
• Collaborates with IT Manager and leadership on designing and maintaining systems and applications that support the needs of our users and company.
• Monitors and responds to system and application events on upcoming changes, updates, and potential threats.
• Participates in the onboarding and off-boarding processes for employees and contractors.
Provides system and application training to employees to ensure they have the technological resources and knowledge of how to use those resources to accomplish their responsibilities.
• Identifies process/service improvement ideas with a continuous learning and improvement mindset. Partners with more experienced team members to help drive innovation and idea implementation within applications where possible. Run and provides analytical reports from applications as needed.
• Documents support tasks and creates processes when needed.
• Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of security groups, distribution groups, and access permissions.
• Stays abreast of new technology being introduced.
• Maintains and ensures confidentiality and security policies and company network security policies are being followed.
• Periodically reconciles inventory with results of vulnerability scans and the lists of assets in other tools.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree with a technology focus required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of progressive IT support experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
• Experience with network, security, storage, and virtual technology. Experience in supporting servers, printers, scanners, fax machines, and laptop hardware.
• Experience with applications such as Salesforce a plus.
• Knowledge of iPhone and Android mobile devices and how devices connect to email.
• Must be able to perform in a fast paced, high-volume environment and capable of working with minimal supervision while demonstrating superior customer service.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Willingness to work flexible schedules when project-based work requires it.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Demonstrates a clear, effective, and professional speaking manner for the purpose of explaining technical information to non-technical individuals.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.