The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Software Engineer 2
The Software Engineer Design, Develop and provide Stewardship of Enterprise Cloud environments and resources to provide teams production ready landing zones in a secure, repeatable, and reliable manner. As part of the Engineering Enablement group, you are responsible for designing and delivering best-in-class tooling and platforms to enable hundreds of teams across the organization to release software with high velocity and confidence. The Senior Software Engineer will provide technical guidance and well-known practices to release software and engineering solutions at an enterprise level with scalable and reliable deployment patterns. This Engineer will be providing technical guidance and acting as a point of escalation for cloud solutions. This engineer is also critical to helping identify cost saving opportunities within Cloud Infrastructure and creatively solving complex problems.
• Hands-on Engineer that will design, develop, and maintain a highly scalable Azure Account Factory and Landing Zone
• Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
• Mentor team members on best practices, code reviews, and process improvements
• Subject Matter Expert in tools and processes used in Azure and Amazon Web Services
• Ensures all documentation and knowledge bases are updated to help ensure good collaboration within and outside of our group
• Collaborate with team members and leadership to develop road maps and strategies that will shape the way Engineering teams deliver software to production
• Work with Engineering teams to understand their delivery process to best design an Enterprise solution that meets the organization needs
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• 2-5+ years of experience in enterprise application development particularly within cloud engineering
• Apply knowledge and/or skills of Node JS, Terraform, or related Infrastructure as Code, and a solid understanding of networking and related strategies
• Good hands-on experience of Azure Infrastructure experience especially around Azure roles and Networking
• Strong API experience
• Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures using industry best practices
• Strong Software Design patterns and industry best practices
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
• End-to-end ownership of product design to delivery
• Experience working in an agile team
• Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.