The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
The API Developer is part of the Digital Technology Team. They are responsible for design, implementation and on-going enhancements of digital products and enhancing the digital experience. The developer must have a strong and continuously evolving technical mastery of RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes hands-on programming, participating in design sessions, code reviews, system testing during various phases of development, follow best industry practices and publish API documentations.
• Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation, and unit test new features for digital products.
• Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to deliver features through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
• Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams to keep digital assets fully functional, secure, and up to date with business needs.
• Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and product releases
• Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning of APIs
Skills & Requirements
• Must have 1 year of experience in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), developing micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), message queue systems and background task management.
• Must have 1 year of experience in developing NoSQL databases, designing data models and proficient in querying document stores (preferably MongoDB).
• Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
• Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
• Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
• Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
• Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
• Strong writing and communication skills
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1139541