Big Data Security Engineer – Perm – Denver, CO. - $170,000 - $190,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Big Data Security Engineer in Denver, CO.
As a Senior Consultant and Data Engineer, you will make a difference for our clients by leading client engagements that build and enhance big data architectures. You will work daily on applying your technical skills and engineering experience to our clients’ largest data challenges. You will rely on your strong software engineering background and excellent communication skills to serve as a Subject Matter Expert on matters related to data. You are comfortable and excited to lead a team of strong data engineers to ensure growth in the overall practice and sell new solutions and delivery mechanisms for clients. You like working collaboratively in cross-functional teams, but you could just as easily scope and deliver a data engagement within your own realm of expertise. You will join a team of highly skilled and experienced big data professionals who work with the latest tools, technologies, and approaches.
• Help clients assess, design, implement, and enhance ideal Big Data environments
• Deliver expertise in data platform deployment, hardening, and scaling
• Assist clients with data sourcing, transformation, enrichment, and information extraction
• Work with stakeholders and data scientists to implement and enhance feature stores and machine learning platforms
• Design, deliver, and manage consulting engagements with clients large and small, across every industry
• Create client deliverables to clearly present recommendations and strategies in compelling formats including dashboards, presentations, and documentation
Skills & Requirements
• Approximately 5-10 years of related work experience
• Approximately 5-10 years of technical architecture experience
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Strong analytic skills related to working with large datasets
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• Experience with big data tools: Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Databricks
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Logstash, Streamsets, Cribl, NiFi, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
• Proficiency in one or more scripting programming languages – Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, Powershell, YAML
• Experience with Agile Practices like Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD preferred
• Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Salt) preferred
• Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
• Technical writing experience
• US Secret clearance or higher is preferable
• One or more of the following certificates is also preferable: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1139776
Technology & Internet Services
170,000 - 190,000
Similar jobs to Big Data Security Engineer
Elastic Data Engineer
Elastic Data Engineer – Perm – Denver, CO - $170,000 - $195,000