Sr. SAS Administrator - Enterprise Data Services – Contract – Atlanta, GA - $40.00-$50.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Leading Company in Travel is seeking a Sr. SAS Administrator - Enterprise Data Services in Atlanta, GA.
• Senior SAS Administrator is responsible as primary point of contact for administrating and supporting our SAS Grid and SAS Viya environments.
• Operate as technical lead for operational maintenance, enhancements, installation and support of SAS environment servers
• Oversee, recommend, and implement appropriate solutions and enhancements to ensure platform reliability for users across our environments within defined SLAs
• Monitor SAS Management Console to assist in performance tuning of the systems and servers and take corrective actions as necessary to ensure peak operational performance
• Manage and track SAS products inventory and license updates for SAS servers and end users
• Own and drive patching activities to support OS and Security upgrades and vulnerabilities
• Work with Business Users and Developers to enable access to our BI Tools and Data Platforms and providing support to troubleshoot user challenges
Skills & Requirements
• Senior SAS Administrator position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field
• 5+ years of experience required for Analytics Tools – with primary focus on SAS experience and/or ETL tools (such as DataStage, Informatica)
• Experience administering SAS 9.4 Grid and Viya environments
• Knowledge and experience of Linux shell scripts, cronjobs, and OS commands
• Knowledge and experience in SQL to support relational database connectivity specifically Teradata, and other DBMS (Oracle, DB2LUW, DB2 z/OS, Sybase, MS SQL Server, SAP HANA)
• Experience working with Business users and Developers to understand their requirements in using the Advanced Analytic and Data Integration Tools
• Proven troubleshooting skills
• Capable of managing/prioritizing multiple tasks at the same time
• Excellent and concise written communication and verbal communication that is clear and easily understood for resolving issues
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141069